FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:07 pm
diamond club freeloader

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
... the food on offer at breakfast was excellent, no doubt. A top class spread for the 'continental buffet' comprising 4 berries (raspberries, blueberries,strawberries, blackberries), melon, grape, pineapple, yoghurt granola (good granola ... not London Bankside granola, but good) other cereals, "DIY" porridge pots, banana bread (great quality), muffins, croissants, breads, waffles, bacon, scrambled egg, avocado & arugula toast, and apparently they usually also have some beef brisket thing (but not today). In short, the continental buffet is very substantial and good quality - I didn't feel at all short-changed ...
Originally Posted by steve4031
We just went to the restaurant on the 21st floor. We were told that we could only order off the buffet. No credit towards ordering off the menu ...

When I stayed about a month ago I was told that the diamond breakfast amenity was the 'continental' buffet only - no credit towards a la carte. Initially I was worried, but as I mentioned in the post above, the buffet food was excellent and varied - I wouldn't have traded it for a menu item, personally. The loss of this option may be a 'downgrade' in comparison with the previous position but this is not a shabby breakfast by any means.

I was initially unimpressed by this hotel, based mainly on poor service and, more specifically, staff disinterest. But I warmed to it during my 4-night stay.