FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin LAX [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:09 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by greg99
When someone (a petite woman) is sitting for 20 minutes with approximately 15 items of uneaten food (as in far more than a typical meal for someone even my size (6'2 225 lbs) it is not unreasonable to assume that either (a) they will be taking food back to their room, or (b) they were being exceptionally wasteful in how they took food from the serving area.

My point is that hotels would be more likely to have higher quality food if guests didn't make multiple meals out of the assortment.

You seem quite sensitive to my comments. Why? Do you take food back to your room for later meals?
@greg99 I see you did not answer my questions. I don't make assumptions about others, I inquire, just as i have done here. I ask for greater details/information so I can make an informed opinion/give a detailed answer. A hotel with a lounge is not a necessity for me, so i rarely stay at them. To answer your question, yes, I have taken food. A piece of fruit, a bottle of water, a bag of pretzels, maybe a cookie, but not large (which is subjective) quantities of food. I don't "eat" in the lounge as If I am in a city a particular city I prefer to eat a restaurants I've researched out. Do not make assumptions about me or others, to change the narrative.

But to go down the rabbit hole, if I witnessed something, I would comment TO THEM and TO PROPERTY STAFF about inappropriate conduct such as bring people not eligible for access to the lounge into the lounge (which would be difficult to prove), unsupervised children running around, loading up wagons with water, taking all the fruit, or touching food with their hands or being rude/inappropriate to staff, etc.

I would not make an assumption about someone sitting at a table minding their own business, especially when I did not have 100% conclusive information that they violated any lounge policy.

Perhaps this exchange can be moved to Club Lounge Over Indulging.