FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:12 pm
Nicoolio
Suspended

Originally Posted by backdoc
I booked a flight from HPN and the helicopter transfer wasn't available in the app. I sent them a message asking about it and got this response:

"****, the helicopter transfer will be temporarily out of the app while we finish the contacts with a group of different operators that can meet the demand for all our helicopter transfer in and out of New York since the demand has increased considerably. Please note that the we are currently working to have the situation fixed as soon as possible and it will be available on the app soon. Please note that there will be ground transportation provided for a $50 ground transportation fee from the Volvo of Manhattan-619 W 54th St New York, NY 10019 to White Plains. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!"

My other half has a confirmed helicopter transfer booked for the same day and messaged them to ask about the helicopter transfer and got the same pasted message. He asked for clarification if his heli transfer is cancelled. He received this response:

"Correct, all helicopter operations have been suspended. We have ground transportation from Volvo of Manhattan-619 W 54th St New York, NY 10019 to HPN for a fee of $50. Would you like to be added to the manifest?"

What type of vehicle is doing the transfer?

Maybe they can start offering bus service from the Port Authority -

If you fly F on AA out of JFK the expedited security isn't that bad.

Too bad they don't move the NYC flights to TEB, LGA or even JFK. Unless you live in Westchester or Fairfield County, I don't think driving to/from Manhattan to sit in a full private jet for 6 hours is better than flying AA in F, or DL/UA/B6 in their versions of business class.