FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GE Application - 'Other Names used'
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:41 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JSFlyer8
hi,

I'm thinking of applying for Global Entry. One application question that I have an issue with is "Other names used"

My problem is that up until around 15 years ago, my social security had my "Americanized" name and my passport and drivers licence had my "Russian" name. At some point while renewing my drivers licence, I had to have the name on my SS card changed so that it matched the rest of my documentation. Long story short, all official documents match up now showing my Russian name. I do still use the "Americanized" name at work though.

I'm assuming I have to put the "Americanized" name on the GE application, Its not that hard to find with background check and there is no way I want to lie. My question is, will it hurt my chances in getting approved?

I don't remember the exact year when my SS card got fixed nor do I have any documentation at this point. I don't even know how the documents got mismatched to begin with, I was 11 when we came to US.

thanks in advance
You put the name as it appears on your documents on the application. Any other name you use, under the other names.

Basically apply using the name in your passport, and list any other forms you use, under other.