FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
TexasVC

Programs: United - 1K, Southwest - Companion & AList Preferred, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - President's Circle
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
TexasVC, thanks for this detailed how-to! Do you have any idea what the EZR system is? I can't recall seeing it referenced before, so I'm curious if it is something new.
EZR is the legacy CO's implementation of the SHARES reservation system. Good FT thread on United's initial botched implementation here.

United's several false starts in modernizing their internal systems is well beyond the scope of this thread. Let's just say that their latest attempts didn't really work which is why the ancient EZR system has to be used sometimes to makeup for its limitations.

Originally Posted by susiesan
TexasVC: Did you try using awardnexus? I do have an account here, I do not have one with expert flyer.
I have not tried awardnexus. My guess is that it is similar to expert flyer, and is just a fancy online way of querying Amadeus. If that is the case, then you should be getting the same results.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:25 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote