FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK IST-MIA using United miles
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:04 am
Gobus

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I booked TK IST-MIA one way in Economy using United miles. I went on TK website and read that IST-North America flights in Y allows 2 pieces at 23Kg/luggage allowance.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us...gage-allowance

However, when I called TK customer service, she said nowhere on my booking says I get free luggage allowance... so therefore I must pay $150 per luggage at the airport.

I have never flown Turkish before so this is news to me. I thought luggage allowance would be set for certain destinations, not based on how I booked my flight. (using miles) TK customer service rep referred me to contact UA while UA agent told me his computer stated for customer to check with the operating carrier.

Does anyone have experience flying TK in Y from IST to North America using United miles where you had to pay for luggage? Thank you for all the help ^
I recently booked Swiss business class flights using United miles. My Swiss ticket also states zero check-in luggage for both passengers (intercontinental J!). The opinion on the Swiss forum on FT is that that is an issue on Swiss's site and when you show up, you get the same allowance as everybody else.

Don't know if it's similar on TK, but since it was also booked with United miles, I thought I'd share that.