FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:38 am
Alanso2

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Delayed greetings to the forum Alanso2. It's good to see you here on the BA forum and I do hope you can continue to play an active part here.

There is probably a standard message for all similar queries of this sort:
- Precise changes will be announced between 3 and 1 day(s) before travel
- Usually this will allow people to rebook travel (or get a refund)
- Until that time it is impossible to be sure which flights will be affected, other than it's typically/mainly MF services and only to/from LHR.
- Shorthaul is at more risk than longhaul, however BA have committed to ensuring all passengers will be able to get to their destination.
- if the outbound from London operated, then the inbound to London will almost certainly operate.

What can you do now?
- By all means consider whether going earlier/later will be best and which services will work for you.
- Check your email address + SMS number is up to date
- Check Flight Status on BA.com / Information - the best source of precise information, if a service is cancelled it goes red there.
- Check Manage My Booking (however this may lag Flight Status)
- Keep an eye on this thread.

What you probably can't do?
- Rebook alternative flights off your own bat, unless the cancellation fees work to cover it either way (so typically one or both flights are refundable)
- Find out anything more precise more than 3 days away from travel.
- Read too much into services which appear to be sold out or with zero'd availability.

If it is not a MF route, there is no real point getting concerned at all - see Wiki above to find these routes. If it's longhaul I wouldn't be too concerned. If it's shorthaul then you may be early/late but it will probably work out. If it's shorthaul connecting to longhaul then the stakes are a bit higher but it's probably less fretful than a windy day at Heathrow.
Thank you for the welcome and comprehensive reply. I am flying short-haul connecting to longhaul (ABZ-LHR-YVR) on the 1st. Not heard from BA and flights all still showing as operating, so fingers crossed that not going to be affected. When would be the latest they would contact you, after which can breathe easier?