FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK IST-MIA using United miles
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:52 pm
aSiAnRiCk

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
TK IST-MIA using United miles

I booked TK IST-MIA one way in Economy using United miles. I went on TK website and read that IST-North America flights in Y allows 2 pieces at 23Kg/luggage allowance.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us...gage-allowance
Free baggage allowance varies according to reservation class and departure runway.

In Turkish Airlines direct flights to airports in North America (New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Boston, San Francisco, Atlanta, Miami, Montreal, Toronto) the free baggage allowance is 2 pieces.
However, when I called TK customer service, she said nowhere on my booking says I get free luggage allowance... so therefore I must pay $150 per luggage at the airport.

I have never flown Turkish before so this is news to me. I thought luggage allowance would be set for certain destinations, not based on how I booked my flight. (using miles) TK customer service rep referred me to contact UA while UA agent told me his computer stated for customer to check with the operating carrier.

Does anyone have experience flying TK in Y from IST to North America using United miles where you had to pay for luggage? Thank you for all the help ^