FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long am I on the hook for damages?
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:26 pm
Yunnnn

Originally Posted by guv1976
Why would you be on a blacklist if you haven't even been sent a bill for damages -- let alone refused to pay?

You will either get a bill, or you won't. If you do, turn it over to your car insurer (and/or credit-card benefits administrator, if you charged the rental to a card that includes car-rental loss/damage insurance).
Well, I'm not sure what they're up to, so I'm just a little concerned about this.
The last time I had a damaged car, it didn't take long to get the bill and I was able to settle it quickly. The location manager's pretty adamant that I'll be getting a bill when asked.

I don't really want to keep the entire rental paperwork for months and then have it go missing. My insurer seems to want those in original paperwork when I asked them about it.

So it seems like it's absolutely normal to not hear anything from them and I won't know if there will ever be a bill that comes through!

Originally Posted by jackal
Agree. Worriedly rushing the process along does nothing.

If they want to charge you, they will send you a bill. If and when they do, you pay it (either yourself or by submitting to your insurer). As long as you do that, you will not be on any DNR list.

Trust me, you will be well aware if and when you are put on a DNR list. The point that they are putting you on the DNR list is the point at which they've sent you to collections and you have a collections agency chasing after you and putting black marks all over your credit report. Until that happens, you are in no danger of being on any DNR list.

Also, depending on the rental company and location (which you did not share, so it's difficult to give specific advice), it may be a franchise, in which case any DNR list would be specific to that franchise and would not be shared with the corporate parent.
Ah, it's Enterprise in Guam - I think they directly own all their locations, but I might be wrong.