FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:01 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I meant it's (arguably) partly because they don't have a buffet restaurant.
I don't want to take this thread off topic any further, but what I am referring to is not some package tourist buffet dinner inclusion. I am talking about top resorts, such as Four Seasons LG and KH, Gili Lankanfushi, Naladhu, and One and Only Reethi Rah etc... These resorts offer the option of meal plans that enable guests to dine around at any reastaurant. It isn't cheap. It's just a way to be able to predict costs and prepay for them, which appeals to a lot of people for various reasons. I sometimes book such plans myself, while at other resorts I prefer a la carte.

You say thay StR apparently does not offer this. I find that surprising. I plan to try the resort in the relatively near future, and will see for myself if it is offered. I suppose it could also depend on a guest's rate plan, as one never knows how unpublished inclusion packages work. At One and Only Reethi Rah, full board is often free for guests booking grand villas (top categories). Resorts have discretion as to whom they offer different packages, not everything is published.

This has been fully discussed so I will leave it with this comment.