FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:40 pm
TVCMH

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
I've been on the fence about joining for a while (short version: I was ready to pull the trigger when Delta Private Jets signed on as an empty leg provider - but didn't like the vibe I got from a sales rep) and was targeted for the million mile 90 day Simple promotion. I must say, I've been exceedingly happy so far. I've been on a handful of empty leg flights using a variety of aircraft and one Gulfstream shuttle. I don't see myself getting much use out of the shuttles since since none operate from my immediate area, but I could see them being very handy for those who live in a major city. The "sharing" experience on the shuttle was a little odd - it's strange being paired face-to-face with somebody you don't know for a few hours, and I'm not the type to chat on planes.

I know some existing members aren't thrilled about this promo, but I believe this is a smart move by JetSmarter that will ultimately convert trial users into paying members. This is a service that most people must try to determine if it's right for them, and offering it to those with top tier airline status seems like the perfect group to target. They're reaching out to people who are generally able to afford their services plus have enough points and miles to get themselves home from JetDeal flights.

At this point, I'm really not sure what to do when the trial expires. Like another poster pointed out, the $5k Simple membership seems to suit my needs very well and is an incredible value - but I'd hate to be locked into a year-long contract if the operators or terms changed. Along those lines, do any members know if Jet Linx is gone as an empty leg provider? I haven't seen one of their flights pop up in a very long time. Delta Private Jets seems to be gone as well?