FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intl to Intl connection at New York JFK - bag transfer confusion
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:53 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by danielonn
Wouldn't there be signs for International Transit Passengers? You could ask the rep meeting the flight where to go. I would just follow the signs to the "Transit area" and you would clear security again and go back to the terminal.

For the Customs Declaration Form you would put "In Transit" and there are signs for connecting passengers not docking in the USA. Ask the US Border Patrol Rep to direct you and it helps to have your connecting boarding pass in hand to show the rep that you are transiting.

It seems easier to connect in Europe rather than in the USA. I have done Schengen to Non Schengen flights and vice versa without an issue.

If you could try switching to the AeroMexico flight to Europe you may be better off.

You should allow yourself at least 3 hours to make the connection for lines depending on your Passport you may be able to use the Mobile Passport Control or Automated Passport Control Machines if not there would be lines for clearing customs, you may be asked to go to secondary screening and then TSA security.

I hope this helps. Bien Viaje.
There is no such thing as an "International Transit Passenger" in the U.S. and has not been for over 20 years.

All arriving passengers are processed through CBP. If you require a visa or ESTA for the US, you will require it for these two sets of flights.

I-T-I is simply ad administrative convenience and CBP may still inspect bags if it wishes.