FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dutch American express Flying Blue referal
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:30 am
kevinflyaway

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by longlife
Hi all, thanks for the info (and the referral links), I've been looking for this for a while. Please help me understand one thing though: on all the promo sites (either through a referral link or simply going from Flying Blue to AMEX site) it says the offer (discount in the 1st year + miles/points) is only valid if you haven't been a card holder in the previous 12 months. Is this really so? I currently have a FB Gold, which is nice, but not nice enough for me to continue paying for it in the 2nd year. Does that mean that the only way for me to use any of these offers in the future would be to cancel and wait 12 months? Or can I still go for the non-FB AMEX in the meantime as someone hinted above? Thanks!
Hi Longlife,
It's only if you take another product that you can still enjoy the offer. So if you already have a Flying Blue branded card, you only get the discount and miles/points mentioned if you take the normal branded card. I just did this transfer as well just a month ago. Process only takes about a week to get the new card, since you're already in the system it seems.