Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
For everyone looking for a referral link, many in this thread are willing to sponsor you

Please note that depending on the card you are interested in, the American Express counter at Schiphol may be willing to give you a better promotion than the member-get-member promotion.
Print Wikipost

Dutch American express Flying Blue referal

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Dutch American express Flying Blue referal

Dear all,
If anyone wants a referal for a Dutch American express Flying blue card, give me PM. I can get you the first year free of charge and a bonus of 11 000 miles.

Sincerely

SB
Old May 1, 2017, 8:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Same for me with the Gold / Platinum cards -- I have a link for a 25K bonus mile offer.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by strikerbird
Dear all,
If anyone wants a referal for a Dutch American express Flying blue card, give me PM. I can get you the first year free of charge and a bonus of 11 000 miles.

Sincerely

SB
And he gets miles to!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:34 am

Is there also a Good referral for the platinum card?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Thino
Is there also a Good referral for the platinum card?
I have a referral for a Platinum Card that gives 25.000 miles (in dutch)

For a platinum card: Scroll down and select the platinum card picture on the left side.

Last edited by Gajan; Jul 27, 2017 at 2:14 am Reason: Removed referral link (against FT policy)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:34 am

It is actually better to start with Gold and Upgrade to Plat, you get 30K miles (and sometimes there is a promotion of 50K) for the upgrade + double qualifying flights (i.e. 4 + 8), the only limit is you can only upgrade after 6 months.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ditto
It is actually better to start with Gold and Upgrade to Plat, you get 30K miles (and sometimes there is a promotion of 50K) for the upgrade + double qualifying flights (i.e. 4 + 8), the only limit is you can only upgrade after 6 months.
Or change from the Flying Blue card to the standard Amex. This way I got 40.000 within a 6 months period Standard Platinum benefits are now 1,5 points, instead of 1. Still lower considering the transfer ratio from Membership Rewards to Flyingblue I know (5 MR = 4 FB). But I find it a better way to accumulate miles since I already have a lot of FB points sitting there.

I have to say that the extra's from the normal card are actually nice. Priority Pass for 2 (so incl. guest for 4) of course, but also Standard SPG Gold membership, also for HERTZ I believe.

You'll get the first year for 50% off (€350 instead of €700) and 17.600 FB Miles. You still get all the extra's associated with the card!

Last edited by Gajan; Jul 27, 2017 at 2:14 am Reason: Removed referral link (against FT policy)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
I have the gold card right now, so might try to upgrade. Was just hoping for a similar promotion where the first year is very cheap.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
You can't double-dip on the referral offers. Once you have a gold, the upgrade offer is not referral-offer-eligible.

Also, worth noting regular Platinum doesn't let you make another person Platinum with you (like the FB Plat card).
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have the gold card right now, so might try to upgrade. Was just hoping for a similar promotion where the first year is very cheap.
In the referral link in my post you also get the FB platinum card for a fee of € 456 in stead of € 600 for the first year.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:24 pm

What is the referral bonus you get for platinum?

also 11k?

i already have gold, and a lot of other cards (living in Usa). Not sure what the value is for me for platinum card, shared platinum is nice, But Am not flying much with klm in Y.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
What is the referral bonus you get for platinum?

also 11k?

i already have gold, and a lot of other cards (living in Usa). Not sure what the value is for me for platinum card, shared platinum is nice, But Am not flying much with klm in Y.
The referral bonus for AMEX Platinum is 22k. The bonus for the Flying Blue AMEX Platinum is 25k I believe. You can't use a referral bonus to upgrade WITHIN the same product line. But you CAN use the referral bonus if you take another card categorie. So it doesn't work to upgrade from an FB Gold to an FB Plat. But if you have a FB Gold and use the referral for the AMEX Plat, you can. As soon as you receive that card, you can always cancel the FB Gold or keep that for sharing of FB miles.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi all, thanks for the info (and the referral links), I've been looking for this for a while. Please help me understand one thing though: on all the promo sites (either through a referral link or simply going from Flying Blue to AMEX site) it says the offer (discount in the 1st year + miles/points) is only valid if you haven't been a card holder in the previous 12 months. Is this really so? I currently have a FB Gold, which is nice, but not nice enough for me to continue paying for it in the 2nd year. Does that mean that the only way for me to use any of these offers in the future would be to cancel and wait 12 months? Or can I still go for the non-FB AMEX in the meantime as someone hinted above? Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by longlife
Hi all, thanks for the info (and the referral links), I've been looking for this for a while. Please help me understand one thing though: on all the promo sites (either through a referral link or simply going from Flying Blue to AMEX site) it says the offer (discount in the 1st year + miles/points) is only valid if you haven't been a card holder in the previous 12 months. Is this really so? I currently have a FB Gold, which is nice, but not nice enough for me to continue paying for it in the 2nd year. Does that mean that the only way for me to use any of these offers in the future would be to cancel and wait 12 months? Or can I still go for the non-FB AMEX in the meantime as someone hinted above? Thanks!
Hi Longlife,
It's only if you take another product that you can still enjoy the offer. So if you already have a Flying Blue branded card, you only get the discount and miles/points mentioned if you take the normal branded card. I just did this transfer as well just a month ago. Process only takes about a week to get the new card, since you're already in the system it seems.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:30 am

Hello, I have been trying to understand a bit more about which Amex card would be best for me. I don't fly enough to make it worthy to have the FB branded card (besides, most of my flights are paid from the company card so I wouldn't get miles in any case). Also I saw that Fb card doesnt give level miles, but only awards miles, is that correct?

I was thinking to get the normal green Amex that has 20.000 points welcome bonus and it's 65/year (after first year free). - the Fb silver card is 75/year and gives only 5.000 welcome bonus.
Then if convenient just transferring points from Amex into FB. Do you think that would be a good strategy?
Has anyone a referral code for the green Amex?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.