Dutch American express Flying Blue referal

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 8, 19, 3:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Gajan
Wiki Link
For everyone looking for a referral link, many in this thread are willing to sponsor you

Please note that depending on the card you are interested in, the American Express counter at Schiphol may be willing to give you a better promotion than the member-get-member promotion.
Print Wikipost

Old May 1, 17, 8:46 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
Dutch American express Flying Blue referal

Dear all,
If anyone wants a referal for a Dutch American express Flying blue card, give me PM. I can get you the first year free of charge and a bonus of 11 000 miles.

Sincerely

SB
strikerbird is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 9:53 am
  #2  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Posts: 1,603
Same for me with the Gold / Platinum cards -- I have a link for a 25K bonus mile offer.
caliform is offline  
Old May 2, 17, 2:17 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zanzibar
Programs: Flying Blue
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
Dear all,
If anyone wants a referal for a Dutch American express Flying blue card, give me PM. I can get you the first year free of charge and a bonus of 11 000 miles.

Sincerely

SB
And he gets miles to!
Meneer Guggenheimer is offline  
Old Jun 13, 17, 7:34 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
Is there also a Good referral for the platinum card?
Thino is offline  
Old Jun 13, 17, 8:14 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: AMS
Programs: FB Platinum; IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by Thino View Post
Is there also a Good referral for the platinum card?
I have a referral for a Platinum Card that gives 25.000 miles (in dutch)

For a platinum card: Scroll down and select the platinum card picture on the left side.

Last edited by Gajan; Jul 27, 17 at 3:14 am Reason: Removed referral link (against FT policy)
Carel1 is online now  
Old Jun 13, 17, 9:34 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,524
It is actually better to start with Gold and Upgrade to Plat, you get 30K miles (and sometimes there is a promotion of 50K) for the upgrade + double qualifying flights (i.e. 4 + 8), the only limit is you can only upgrade after 6 months.
Ditto is online now  
Old Jun 13, 17, 10:48 am
  #7  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
It is actually better to start with Gold and Upgrade to Plat, you get 30K miles (and sometimes there is a promotion of 50K) for the upgrade + double qualifying flights (i.e. 4 + 8), the only limit is you can only upgrade after 6 months.
Or change from the Flying Blue card to the standard Amex. This way I got 40.000 within a 6 months period Standard Platinum benefits are now 1,5 points, instead of 1. Still lower considering the transfer ratio from Membership Rewards to Flyingblue I know (5 MR = 4 FB). But I find it a better way to accumulate miles since I already have a lot of FB points sitting there.

I have to say that the extra's from the normal card are actually nice. Priority Pass for 2 (so incl. guest for 4) of course, but also Standard SPG Gold membership, also for HERTZ I believe.

You'll get the first year for 50% off (€350 instead of €700) and 17.600 FB Miles. You still get all the extra's associated with the card!

Last edited by Gajan; Jul 27, 17 at 3:14 am Reason: Removed referral link (against FT policy)
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:17 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
It is actually better to start with Gold and Upgrade to Plat, you get 30K miles (and sometimes there is a promotion of 50K) for the upgrade + double qualifying flights (i.e. 4 + 8), the only limit is you can only upgrade after 6 months.
I have the gold card right now, so might try to upgrade. Was just hoping for a similar promotion where the first year is very cheap.
Thino is offline  
Old Jun 15, 17, 3:28 am
  #9  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Posts: 1,603
You can't double-dip on the referral offers. Once you have a gold, the upgrade offer is not referral-offer-eligible.

Also, worth noting regular Platinum doesn't let you make another person Platinum with you (like the FB Plat card).
caliform is offline  
Old Jun 15, 17, 7:56 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: AMS
Programs: FB Platinum; IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by Thino View Post
I have the gold card right now, so might try to upgrade. Was just hoping for a similar promotion where the first year is very cheap.
In the referral link in my post you also get the FB platinum card for a fee of 456 in stead of 600 for the first year.
Carel1 is online now  
Old Jun 15, 17, 2:24 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
What is the referral bonus you get for platinum?

also 11k?

i already have gold, and a lot of other cards (living in Usa). Not sure what the value is for me for platinum card, shared platinum is nice, But Am not flying much with klm in Y.
Thino is offline  
Old Jun 16, 17, 12:57 am
  #12  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by Thino View Post
What is the referral bonus you get for platinum?

also 11k?

i already have gold, and a lot of other cards (living in Usa). Not sure what the value is for me for platinum card, shared platinum is nice, But Am not flying much with klm in Y.
The referral bonus for AMEX Platinum is 22k. The bonus for the Flying Blue AMEX Platinum is 25k I believe. You can't use a referral bonus to upgrade WITHIN the same product line. But you CAN use the referral bonus if you take another card categorie. So it doesn't work to upgrade from an FB Gold to an FB Plat. But if you have a FB Gold and use the referral for the AMEX Plat, you can. As soon as you receive that card, you can always cancel the FB Gold or keep that for sharing of FB miles.
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Jun 22, 17, 7:25 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: Flying Blue
Posts: 7
Hi all, thanks for the info (and the referral links), I've been looking for this for a while. Please help me understand one thing though: on all the promo sites (either through a referral link or simply going from Flying Blue to AMEX site) it says the offer (discount in the 1st year + miles/points) is only valid if you haven't been a card holder in the previous 12 months. Is this really so? I currently have a FB Gold, which is nice, but not nice enough for me to continue paying for it in the 2nd year. Does that mean that the only way for me to use any of these offers in the future would be to cancel and wait 12 months? Or can I still go for the non-FB AMEX in the meantime as someone hinted above? Thanks!
longlife is offline  
Old Jun 22, 17, 8:30 am
  #14  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by longlife View Post
Hi all, thanks for the info (and the referral links), I've been looking for this for a while. Please help me understand one thing though: on all the promo sites (either through a referral link or simply going from Flying Blue to AMEX site) it says the offer (discount in the 1st year + miles/points) is only valid if you haven't been a card holder in the previous 12 months. Is this really so? I currently have a FB Gold, which is nice, but not nice enough for me to continue paying for it in the 2nd year. Does that mean that the only way for me to use any of these offers in the future would be to cancel and wait 12 months? Or can I still go for the non-FB AMEX in the meantime as someone hinted above? Thanks!
Hi Longlife,
It's only if you take another product that you can still enjoy the offer. So if you already have a Flying Blue branded card, you only get the discount and miles/points mentioned if you take the normal branded card. I just did this transfer as well just a month ago. Process only takes about a week to get the new card, since you're already in the system it seems.
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Jul 25, 17, 2:30 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
Hello, I have been trying to understand a bit more about which Amex card would be best for me. I don't fly enough to make it worthy to have the FB branded card (besides, most of my flights are paid from the company card so I wouldn't get miles in any case). Also I saw that Fb card doesnt give level miles, but only awards miles, is that correct?

I was thinking to get the normal green Amex that has 20.000 points welcome bonus and it's 65/year (after first year free). - the Fb silver card is 75/year and gives only 5.000 welcome bonus.
Then if convenient just transferring points from Amex into FB. Do you think that would be a good strategy?
Has anyone a referral code for the green Amex?

thanks
ChAruffo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread