FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:04 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eugeniod1995
Hi, I have an award ticket for a MUC-LHR-EDI booked through Iberia Plus.
The MUC-LHR is in Club Europe and the LHR-EDI is in Euro Traveler (class X). I didn't know that now BA has the CE also on domestic flights, but actually I think this is the reason why the itinerary was 13,500 Avios on IB and 18,000 Avios on BA. I noticed that IB doesn't offer the business on UK Domestic flights.
I contacted BA on Twitter to ask for an upgrade and they didn't even offer me to pay for it because of no availability.

They also told be that I will not be able to use the fast track at the security check and passport control and the lounge at London Heathrow. Were they right? On the opposite itinerary I was granted access to the lounge.

Thanks for your help
Welcome to FT.

At LHR when connecting you will go through passport control but there is no fast track for passport control anyway. You can either use the e-passport gates and go landside, go up to the check in floor, and then use north or south security to enter airside, or you can follow the signs for connections and go through passport control that way/

The answer you were given is correct, at T5 you will not have access to fast track security or fast track boarding, and you will not have access to the lounge. Had you been in CE for your LHR-EDI flight you would have had fast track and lounge access.