FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:28 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by makin'miles
"Continually?" Once btw.

TBH, I find it a bit tedious for other posters to state as fact that something is "illegal" when they actually don't know that's the case, but hey we all have our bugs.

Personally, I find discussion of various pressure/strike tactics and their potential effect on BA significantly more interesting than reading yet another post asking if a flight to Timbuktu might be cancelled in three weeks time when its clear from the thread that no one knows.
Ok well let me lay this out for you so we can end this since you don't seem to want to let it go. The law I mentioned earlier clearly says part of the notice from the union must include "a list of the workplaces at which the affected employees work." The workplace if you are striking downroute may arguably be the downroute destination as that is where you are refusing to work.

The law also obliges the union to provide figures and information which "...must be as accurate as is reasonably practicable in the light of the information in the possession of the union at the time when it complies with subsection (1)." Clearly planning to strike downroute but not saying anything to the employer and instead simply surprising the employer doesn't really fit that.

Now
- bearing the above in mind which at the very least would provide some very good arguments for BA to take action against the union if crew without notice simply stopped working downroute even though the union had provided no indication this would happen, and
- that Unite's own guidelines state that in the notice of action "You must be clear about the action we are calling on members to take.", and
- that both cabin crew and flight crew who work for BA say that striking downroute has never been done and simply would not be done

can we perhaps drop this and move on?

Regardless of whether we agree or disagree on the legalities, it isn't going to happen.