FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mysterious Seat Swap?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:49 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Thank you for all the responses, everyone. The aircraft is still showing as a 787-9 but of course there's always the possibility it switched to a 330 or 340 and then back to a 789 and that messed up the seats. Someone here also mentioned there could be a fault with that seat. If that were the issue, it would be nice to be contacted about that and to be notified of the reason for the move. I suppose that's possible too, I hadn't thought of that. My plan is to show up early to the airport and see what they can do.

In the grand scheme of things, I am still in Upper Class so I can't complain too much.
Go and enjoy a Champers for me. Please try and write up a Trip Report and post it here with photos. Enjoy your journey(:

Yes it would have been nice if the airline contacted you if your seat had a mechanical issue but sadly they don't. They are too busy with schedule changes, irregular operations and day to day operations. They can't read your mind that you would like to be contacted about a change of seats. Operations may have thought that the OP would not mind being moved to another Upper Class seat but sadly this is not the case as you have a preferred location.

My Parent's flight to Paris schedule changed and now departs 15 minutes earlier. Did the airline notify us? No. I knew about it because I 'babysit' the reservation by going online two or three times a week as I do for my own reservations just to check that the seat assignments have not changed to middle seats etc. Glad you will go to the airport early to try and sort it out.

Please come back to tell us the reason for the seat swap.

Go ahead and enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!!