FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mysterious Seat Swap?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:26 am
CappuccinoAddict

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Mysterious Seat Swap?

Hi all,

I am a bit annoyed at the moment and am hoping for some insight or clarification from you all. I booked a flight LHR-JFK a few months ago in Upper Class and selected my preferred seat, 4A on the 789 (middle of the cabin so not too close to either bar or galley, and facing the wall so max privacy). I even checked the seat again a few days ago (as I periodically check on all my reservations just in case there are issues or funny business).

Today I checked in for my flight tomorrow and I see I was for some reason moved to 8K?? Not only is this seat annoyingly close to the bar, it is on the other side of the cabin where I'll be facing other passengers. So due to that and the proximity to the bar the privacy/seclusion of the seat is a pittance compared to my previous selection. I just called VS and was told they can only see what I see and this needs to be handled at the airport. I am doubtful anything will change because my previous seat is showing as taken so my guess is someone else now has it.