FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free flight changes June 19-21 for PHX afternoon arrivals/departures
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:40 pm
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Free flight changes June 19-21 for PHX afternoon arrivals/departures

Just got an email:

Extreme heat, which is forecast to impact Phoenix June 19-21, may affect your upcoming travel plans. If your flight is scheduled to arrive and/or depart Phoenix June 19-21 between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., we are offering flexibility that will allow you to change your travel plans without a fee.

The high temperatures, which will peak between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Phoenix time, could impact flight operations. If you are scheduled to arrive and/or depart Phoenix during this time period, we recommend you change to an earlier or later flight, or connect via a different city, in order to avoid any disruption to your travel plans.

You can change your flights by contacting reservations at +1-800-433-7300.

Before heading to the airport, be sure to check your flight status on the American Airlines app or at aa.com, and sign up for flight status notifications.

This worked for me as I was hoping to change my 3:30pm PHX-LAX flight to an earlier option.

Gonna be hot here....LoL.

All-time record at PHX is 122 degrees in 1990 and they say it will possibly be hotter on Tuesday.

Safe travels, peeps.

Last edited by 355F1; Jun 17, 2017 at 1:30 pm