FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:36 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by escape4
Dr HFH, to answer your question about why my mom's gluten allergy is related to a lounge, I agree that it's not immediately obvious what I had in mind. My reasoning is that if I intend to go to restaurants without restrictions in a city, then I would prefer not to be limited to the restaurant(s) of the hotel but rather have the choice of going where I want. I will pay for it, but I choose. If I travel with my mom, then the safest is to limit ourselves to eating at the same place. If I am going to limit meals to the same place, then might as well have it for free in the lounge rather than pay every day for the (same) restaurant. Fortunately SGS has many restaurants so it tempers the lack of choice.
Ah, I see now. But it seems to me that a hotel lounge is your worst choice. Lounges typically serve standard lounge food, whatever it happens to be at that hotel. For example, you mentioned the "spread" in the lounge at the Westin. That's just it, -- the spread is what it is. I would guess it highly unlikely that you'll be able to get a lounge to cook specially to meet your mom's requirements; where a restaurant is much more likely to be set up to do that.