FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:07 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by escape4
In SGS we would have to eat in the hotel restaurant every day, which I see as a minus relative to a lounge.
I'm clearly missing something here. How does a lounge in the hotel address your mom's gluten allergy better than a restaurant? Isn't a lounge just another hotel dining facility?

I can tell you from [a friend's] experience that SGS is scrupulously careful about food allergies. You'll have no problem. What's more, the chefs are usually happy to cook special meals on request.

While there is no lounge, you have quite a wide selection of eating options from which to choose at SGS: Orchid Café, Rossini, Basil, Living Room, BarSu, The Sala and In Room Dining. Each has its own menu; but you can also order from any of the menus at any of the restaurants.

You might also send an advance email to the Chief Concierge, Khun Veera, or the Food & Beverage Director, Rob Wittebrood, letting them know about your mom's dietary requirements. That way they're sure to be prepared when she arrives.