FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage credit for IRROPS / diversions / return to airport / .... ?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:12 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jah294
i was being a bit tongue-in-cheek but am definitely going to try for the segment and 500 miles. You never know!
most likely a waste of time. Assuming your flight keeps the same flight number, it would be credited anyway as a 'direct' flight, which UA does as origin to destination with no dfiference as to the stop in the middle.

I remember years ago, was doing ABE-ORD, and by the time we got into Chicago airspace, had to circle and then go to Ft. Wayne, IN to refuel. My first thought wasn't about miles. My first thought (in all honesty) was why would they not load enough fuel (to which the answer was probably they weren't anticipating the arrival conditions that they ended up having). But the next thought wasn't about miles, either - it was, glad the pilot brought us to where we could land safely with enough fuel to get there. Stuff happens sometimes, and many times, it's not really anyone's fault. I find life is a lot easier that way.