FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:24 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I will travel with my parents to BKK in December and because it will be their first trip to Asia I want to bring them to a nice hotel. I have been to only three SPG properties in BKK so far.

1. Royal Orchid Sheraton. The location is very good for first-time tourists, and the hotel is generous with suite upgrades. However I read on FT that recently the food quality has gone down and no more breakfast in the restaurant.

2. Westin Sukhumvit. Suite upgrades are not frequent but the food quality is better to ROS and I think food might be more important than a suite for this trip.

3. Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Great hotel and great food, but no lounge. This is an issue because my mom is highly allergic to gluten so ideally I do not want to rely on various restaurants in the city, and I would be more comfortable if I advise our hotel in advance and get food from there. They will be very careful and I would trust them more. In SGS we would have to eat in the hotel restaurant every day, which I see as a minus relative to a lounge.

Which other properties should I consider? Aloft and 4P are out because I am looking for higher scalel. St.Regis does not seem worth the money based on comments on FT.

LM does not have a lounge so same issue as SGS? W no lounge as well.

What about PA? I read there is a nice lounge but food is subpar? And not generous for suite upgrades, similar to Westin.

At the moment I am thinking if I decide for a no-lounge option despite the drawbacks, the best is SGS. If I book somewhere with a lounge, with all considered it's Westin. But those are two properties that I know... Any other opinions?