FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott/Starwood merger closed; FAQs; Status Match; MR & SPG accounts can be linked
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:04 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I suggest members efforts would be better focussed on updating the wiki with recent updates and developments rather than posting non-posts complainng about other posters posting non-news.

@:-)
Not sure if that was directed at me vs. the folk rehashing stuff again. But - fair enough. However, the wiki is basically formal answers by SPG/MAR & links vs. here's an update from this industry conference or that industry conference.

Serious question - are you saying we should update the wiki w/ "reports/snippets" of industry conference reports vs. actual official reports by Marriott? I assumed the wiki (based on what it currently looks like) is for official stuff, and this thread/discussion was to report what we've heard or read. Please advise as to which it is, or if you want us to update the wiki w/ both official announcements as well as industry conference/interview links.

And again I can only speak for myself, but I've read through the entire thread & a lot of the they had to do it/going down the tubes, we were the savior, blah, blah stuff was covered before. Obviously folk can continue to discuss that, but I'm (again speaking only for myself) more interested in what's the latest, whether it be industry conference reports where we might garner a bit of info or official info.

Cheers.