Old Jun 13, 17, 10:30 am
controller1

Programs: AA LTPlat; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Dia; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by noahcon View Post
I stayed at the Franklin Hotel (a Renaissance Hotel) in Philly earlier this month on a free night for 40K points. When checking out, the valet - who is a full time employee of the hotel - informed me that he had accidentally driven the car into a pillar in the parking garage.

He did about $2K of damage to the car. I got a police report and the hotel accepted liability. But they still charged me $38 for valet parking and took all the points.

Beyond reimbursing me for my insurance deductible, what else should I seek in compensation from the hotel or from Marriott? I've spent dozens of hours dealing with police, the body shop, getting a rental car, insurance companies, etc. Plus this will count as a collision on my insurance policy - which will drive up my rates when the policy renews.

Suggestions?
If the hotel accepted financial responsibility, why was an insurance claim filed? If the hotel had paid the body shop, or reimbursed you for your payment to the body shop, then the insurance company would not have known about this and it would not count as a collision on your policy.

It appears you let the hotel off with only reimbursing your deductible. Bad choice IMO.