FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Hertz policy if I am delayed collecting my reservation by 24 hours?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:08 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Often1
Needless to say, at busy locations during high season, there may not be a vehicle to be had.
Good point. This is ANC, and it is summer.

Presuming the OP is either picking up very soon (perhaps he is experiencing a flight delay?) or within the next three months, this is absolute high season in ANC, and cars can be in short supply.

If you are not able to rebook at a decent rate and are not able to get in touch with the location, I would suggest having your brother stop by the Hertz location and speak to them directly about your delayed arrival.

In an absolute pinch, call the National Car Rental counter at ANC, which is next to the Hertz counter, and see if they'd be willing to hand the phone over to a Hertz representative. Unorthodox, but desperate times do call for desperate measures, I suppose.

I can keep looking for the direct back-office number for Hertz ANC if it helps. I know I have a copy of most of the direct lines for everyone at the airport somewhere.