FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Periodic Random Fashion Report - NYC
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:56 pm
travelmom4

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.
So I am going to be visiting Spain this summer-5 days in a small town in the Basque Country, 5 days in Barcelona and a week in a house on the Costa Brava. Traveling with my husband and four almost grown kids. I am going to pack light and am in need a packing/fashion consult.

My cool weather travel wardrobe includes 2 pair of black pants, a black skirt, tops or sweaters in white and black in various sleeve length and weights for layering and scarves to change my look. I am not sure what to take for this trip. I live in New Orleans so during hot summers I wear breezy dresses and the only pants I can stand are linen (I don't mind casually rumpled). I wear a lot of white which is not so practical when I have to wear a few times before washing. Ideas?

Shoes are always the biggest challenge as i need something that I can walk in for long distances but still look attractive. I am 50 something and not a fashionista but I don't want to look frumpy, either. I would like to limit myself to three pairs. I have a comfy pair of Eileen Fisher Sport sandals which I can wear all day and are not too goofy and a pair of wedge espadrille sandals (Andre Assous) which are also very comfy. I am considering some Superga or similar canvas tennis shoes for my third pair. I am seeing them with dresses/skirts and also pants but wondering if I am too old for the look. Any advice or suggestions?