View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 17, 6:41 pm
jlemon

Programs: No longer lowly AA Gold, lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios, former CO Platinum Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by WHBM View Post
Close enough, chaps, and to save us working through all the old Soviet fleets, it was an Antonov 12 (same engines, props and sound as the Ilyushin 18), operated by an obscure Ukrainian company, and operating on this flight from Marrakesh in Morocco to Gothenburg in Sweden.....
Ah, I thought it might have been a "Cub" (NATO-speak for the Antonov 12 and thus not a Piper product, of course).

Every once in awhile, one of these aircraft shows up at IAH. The last time I saw an Antonov 12 at Bush Intercontinental, it was parked adjacent to the FedEx ramp. What was it doing in Houston? Well, I have no idea.....but it was interesting to see it there, nonetheless.

And speaking of military-type aircraft (well, rotorcraft in this case), we just had six UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters roar over our home in formation at low level. Our cat, who was camped out in the front yard as they passed by, appeared to be rather unimpressed......