FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No "skip the counter" at TLV?
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:47 pm
vicarious_MR'er

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
When you say "in terminal pickup and drop off" do you stop at the Avis desk in the terminal and then head to the booth in the garage or do you just proceed directly to the garage? I've only rented from Hertz, Sixt, National in TLV, so wasn't sure of the experience as an Avis Preferred member.
I'm not Avis preferred, so maybe. I don't know for sure.

Originally Posted by jackal
By the time I got my bag and got to the Hertz line, it was long--like a good 10-15 people in front of me. I waited in the line about 10 minutes (without it moving one inch) before getting the attention of someone at the counter and asking about Gold rentals. They waved me then to the front of the line and I was out in a few minutes.

The signage isn't clear, but if you're Gold, I think you can sort of skip the line--you just have to be a little pushy about it.

And yes, definitely bring documentation of your credit card CDW. They did ask.
i can do pushy. Lol! Thanks

One thing that's nice at Avis is that you can add the CDw and stuff on at the time of your reservation and reduce the bs at the counter if you already know you need it (as we do).

It it would seem not too difficult to go from there (for hertz or anyone) to the fast lane service since they don't have to give people a bunch of crap about it in person if you add t in advance (or even force add it).

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 7, 2017 at 5:04 am Reason: consecutive posts merged