FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Found drugs in car... was this handled right?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:37 pm
jws026

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Found drugs in car... was this handled right?

Hi all,

Picked up a rental, last decent car the location had at the time. Agent walks me to the car, and when the door was opened the smell of smoke and weed was overwhelming.

I asked for another vehicle, as I'd be driving clients around, but no go. Agent takes note of the issue and I leave.

After airing it out the weed smell wouldn't leave. After doing some searching, I found a used glass hitter and a baggie with some ground weed under the seat.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a card-carrying medical cannabis user, so I was in no way offended by this on a moral level. But laws are laws, and the place I was in doesn't reciprocate my state card on an official level, and use while driving is of course a no go. Last thing I needed was to be pulled over and the smell lead to a search which would have found the items in question.

After sending pics to the manager, he said all he could do was comp the tank of gas. Wouldn't even get me another vehicle or take a day off my bill for the inconvenience.

Your thoughts? Should I press the issue?