FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase fraud alerts & fraudulent charges [consolidated]
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:13 am
daniel949

Programs: AS MVP, SPG, Chase (CSR), UA
Thumbs down Chase placing fraud holds on accounts, but not calling

Has anyone had an experience like this with Chase? At least twice in the last several months, I have had a situation where Chase has decided to flag my account* due to some transaction I have made or tried to make. This seems normal to me so far. What I would expect to happen, and have seen in the past, is that Chase would call me immediately, or text me, or email me, etc. to verify the charges. What has happened in these last few incidents is complete radio silence from Chase. They will just start declining all charges on that card, no matter how normal they are, and wait for me to call them to ask what the heck is going on. Then they'll ask me if I recognize certain charges ("yes, I do") and then they'll tell me everything's fine now and I can use my card again. Has anyone else experienced this incredibly frustrating behavior?

Heck, not a month ago, I was buying a prepaid phone PIN online and instantly got a text saying "FREE MSG: Chase Fraud-Did you use card ending 1234 for $39.95 at RETAILER NAME on 05/16? If YES reply 1, NO reply 2"

So it's extra confusing why they'd notify me properly some of the time, and not at all other times.

*I've had this happen on my CSR and my Freedom.