FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way to check how much credit you have with United?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:01 am
bsdstone
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by adambrau
I recently had a ticket that was changed many times. In the cases where I was due a refund that would process, but not for credits. The agent would say I'd receive an ETC either by email or mail - which seemed weird but I've heard stranger things before. Long story short, upon my return I called up and the agent I landed sort of groaned when she looked at the booking history but was otherwise pleasant or had me on hold. At the end of the call she started laughing and told me her colleague taught her a new tool which automatically can see all the refunds you are due as credits, and she thanked me for presenting her such a complexity of changes that in turn ended up with her learning about a short cut tool she was previously unaware of. So there is a way to figure out credit. Whether whoever you talk to knows it is another matter. Certainly worthwhile to make the call - I ended with a total of $4700 back in 4 ETCs
Thanks! I hope my story has this happy of an ending! :-)