FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:09 am
Joe1690

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by Happy
The CSR without the bonus is only good in theory, i.e. with those perks which in reality do not work for a majority of people.

Of all the faults AMEX, one thing it is far superior than Chase - the handling of dispute. A recent dispute on a DCC in Dubai this past January, has dragged on till TODAY, with NONE of the resolution proposed by the Chase rep (accepted by me over a phone call in Mid April) has EVER gone thru my card. I had to place at lease 5 to 6 phone calls to the dispute handler to eventually got a call back on the initial contact. Then upon returning from a long trip last week, to follow up on the NON-happening of the resolution agreed upon / confirmed by a letter from the Chase rep, I have made 6 phone calls since Friday and still not receiving a call back.

So fed up I called the different number that is the general dispute dept number that got me to Philippines. Then I asked to speak to a US-based manager but got a supervisor. Upon telling him the lengthy story of the whole damx thing, the supervisor decided to issue a full credit and ended the case. I would need to still monitor the account for the next 5 biz days to see if that credit would go thru.... Today is May 31st, the dispute filed in first week of Feb, to give you an idea. And this is on Chase so-called Premier card, or the "TOP Card" of its line up. What a disappointment.

Based on what I have read so far, dealing with Chase on a dispute item is a very frustrating experience.

Chase has lost 300 millions on CSR. I guess it has to cut corner on each and every aspect of Customer Services to recoup a tiny portion of it.
Happy, I can one up you on this. I have had a dispute going on since December 2016 with Chase that is still not resolved and it is June now. I had proof of the merchant committing fraud and told them I would submit the documentation but Chase refused to accept it, and instead the girl from an outsourced dispute call center in Asia told me that the credit I received would be permanent but then was reversed about a month later when Chase found in the merchants favor because they refused to provide me with a fax number or address to mail the documentation to.

Then when I reached out to Chase again they still refused to accept my proof and told me that the merchant's documentation is all they could accept. This was a representative in the Indian call center. Then I received 2 phone calls from an Indian dispute department representative that I missed which instructed me to call him back but each time I called he never answered I left a message and never received a call back. Once I got the CFPB involved then they finally reopened the case and accepted my documentation, but still have not concluded the case and that was back in February 2017. To add insult to injury, the merchant told Chase's dispute department on a recorded call with me that if I disputed the charge they would refund it and then when I told the representative at the merchant that I had already disputed the transaction with Chase and the merchant denied the claim she still said that I needed to dispute it and that they would refund it.

So Chase's dispute department is absolutely horrible. I have never had issues with American Express or Citibank for that matter. Not sure why their dispute department is so horrible but it is. Even worse with this dragging out my annual fee has posted and Chase says they will continue to investigate if I close the card based on this experience but based on the experience so far I highly doubt it. So now my options are keeping the card open and paying the fee just so Chase can possibly resolve my issue or close the card and have Chase continue to investigate which likely means they will do nothing and just close the case out. As such, I will then need to get a lawyer involved to sue the merchant. I am likely to just close the card and sue the merchant and call it a day with Chase since they have been so unaccommodating. Have to laugh because their marketing team is begging me to open up new credit cards with them and become a private banking client meanwhile they can't resolve a simple dispute of fraud from an online merchant.