FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:23 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Excuse me, What is PWM? I rarely fly these days and don't recognize that abbreviation so I don't know how 60K miles on Delta stacks up to other airlines as I could of take a 60K American Award or a 70K United Award. Interest is primarily Europe and Pacifica (which takes ton's of miles for those of us who don't fly)
Not sure how 60K delta miles would compare with 60K on American or United since I only fly Skyteam airlines. If you want to fly to Europe you can check airlines like Airfrance and KLM as well to use them on.

PWM is an abbreviation for Pay with Miles. On a lot of Delta flights if you have a Delta Am Ex card and pay for a flight you can use a mile for every penny for all or part of the fare. Not the best use of miles but sometimes I'll do it to buy up for a first class fare for the MQMs. i.e. if you bought a $400 ticket you could use 40,000 skymiles to pay for the entire ticket and still get the MQM's or you could pay $100 cash and 30,000 miles. I recently bought a ticket on a long haul where it was only $120 difference between coach and first so I used 12,000 miles and still received the MQMs which are important if you have status.