FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA to Launch LAX-SIN!
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:15 pm
drewguy

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Maybe round robin with SFO-HKG or crazy stuff, same for the EWR-HKG.

They won't all have to essentially be tied to the HKG-SIN flight time, so I could see some adjustment in schedules for flight times based on coats etc.

EWR-HKG leaves at 3pm arrive 7pm. If they backed that up a few hours and made it dep 10am and arrive 2pm, then the return could easily be dep 5pm arr 6pm in EWR or whatever

I am talking out of my butt, but the SFO-HKg and EWR-HKG flights were artificially made to arrive to allow for connecting passengers to get on UA-895 HKG-SIN, that limitation will go away and allow for much more flexible schedules.
Problem there is connections into EWR. A 10am flight ex-EWR could make that pretty difficult. Same on the return - 6pm arrival makes most connections impossible. The same is likely to hold true for ORD - it leaves ORD to allow for connections, arriving in the evening.

It's nearly impossible to do the flights late in the evening - a 10pm SFO departure would arrive around 3am, same for departures from EWR/ORD, and it's not clear it would be more attractive to arrive at 5am (with midnight departure) with an early morning departure out of HKG to make the connections. But maybe it would avoid the charges for staying on the ground.