FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards
Old May 31, 2017, 8:30 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I am not a Frequent Flyer so I am not interested in the 70,000 mile American Express award after spending 4K in 3 months but the 60,000 Mile award for spending 3K in 3 months does interest me. I just do not need to MQM portion nor do I want to spend $195 a year for the 70K Delta award through Amex.

So how good is the 60,000 Mile Award relatively speaking for someone who rarely flies compared to what Delta/Amex has offered in the past? Is it worth considering to get a good chunk of miles? Also Is there an expiration date on those miles?

Since I rarely fly, it looks attractive to me as a good way to get a chunk of miles knowing I have to spend about $3K in about 3 months.
Delta miles aren't supLpose to expire but if you are worried about it and use Lyft just link the two accounts and you'll get Detla miles to keep the account active when you use Lyft.

You should be able to get a good flight or two with 60K miles if you are flexible. Worst case scenario if you can't if use it for $600 with PWM which is a benefit if you have a Delta Am Ex card. Seeing I've cut it close a couple times with MQM's to keep my status I've used PWM for the fare difference between coach and first if there was a decent first class fare seeing you get the MQM's with PWM