FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Eva Air Ticket, upgrade with Mileage plus
Old May 31, 2017, 4:29 pm
IntlSalesGuy

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dkerr
While I can't speak for what it is like with Alaska I can speak for American. In this case I have had to split my family PNR to secure upgrades. The person with highest status is always the last person to get upgraded... to preserve whatever benefits/priorities are available. For preferred seat assignments, once they are assigned they are not lost if the non-status persons get separated into another PNR... but they will lose the ability to reassign to preferred seating. As for baggage, once in business class there should be no issue with baggage, at least on BR... but it would depend on AS applying baggage rules for the "most significant segment" to your connecting flight, they should, but you would need to check on that.

DAK.
So I went ahead and split my PNR into 3 and 1 after confirming with EVA that there were 3 seats available to upgrade. I went through United's SAUA website and it showed it was available for 90,000 miles for the 3. I hit confirm and again, I get the dreaded "Error !" message. I was on the phone with United Reservations and they tried contacting web support but apparently their phones are having issues. They told me to try again tomorrow and they will probably have to open a service ticket to investigate further. If it matters, I also tried upgrading just myself (single PNR) and same thing with the "Error !" message

Last edited by IntlSalesGuy; May 31, 2017 at 4:30 pm Reason: Added more details