FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old May 31, 2017, 2:06 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gnomey
I chose to keep Ink+ over CSP that I signed up many years ago, since I didnt want to pay 2 AFs. But if I am ever pre-approved for CSP, I think I will have another go at it.

Never understand why people rave and rave about CSR. It's good card with fantastic 100K offer, no doubt, but not goddess-like like how many people make it to be on Reddit. Herd mentality? Given the chance, I would also get it but only for the sign-up bonus and will ditch it after a year, as just like you, all the extra benefits I get all come from Amex Plat, or award flights in premium cabin. Plus, Amex is more generous with retention offers than Chase.

But the downside of Amex, is itself. Amex is not widely accepted once outside of US. This is why I am thinking abt signing it up for CSP again or to get a Citi Prestige. But I havent seen Citi Prestige offering 100K again - perhaps never?

Yes, I think it is possible to have 2 Ink Cash.
The CSR without the bonus is only good in theory, i.e. with those perks which in reality do not work for a majority of people.

Of all the faults AMEX, one thing it is far superior than Chase - the handling of dispute. A recent dispute on a DCC in Dubai this past January, has dragged on till TODAY, with NONE of the resolution proposed by the Chase rep (accepted by me over a phone call in Mid April) has EVER gone thru my card. I had to place at lease 5 to 6 phone calls to the dispute handler to eventually got a call back on the initial contact. Then upon returning from a long trip last week, to follow up on the NON-happening of the resolution agreed upon / confirmed by a letter from the Chase rep, I have made 6 phone calls since Friday and still not receiving a call back.

So fed up I called the different number that is the general dispute dept number that got me to Philippines. Then I asked to speak to a US-based manager but got a supervisor. Upon telling him the lengthy story of the whole damx thing, the supervisor decided to issue a full credit and ended the case. I would need to still monitor the account for the next 5 biz days to see if that credit would go thru.... Today is May 31st, the dispute filed in first week of Feb, to give you an idea. And this is on Chase so-called Premier card, or the "TOP Card" of its line up. What a disappointment.

Based on what I have read so far, dealing with Chase on a dispute item is a very frustrating experience.

Chase has lost 300 millions on CSR. I guess it has to cut corner on each and every aspect of Customer Services to recoup a tiny portion of it.