FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Non-GE/NEXUS Companions/Family Members
Old May 28, 2017, 11:39 pm
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by FincaEstrellita
The pain-in-the-... thing is that our life (and my house) is in CR. I'm there 7 months of the year and we have zero interest in being in the U.S. other than visiting my folks for Christmas. That's why I thought it might be best if I go with her to help clarify the situation if need be. Do you still stick with your recommendation? I mean, they're going to ask why she's coming into the country - wouldn't it be prudent to tell the simple truth that we're going to be there for two weeks and then return together to CR?
Keep in mind that at the border the fact that someone has a visa does not guarantee entry. Whatever happens, she should nt lie. Since she mentioned you in the interview it could very easily come up at the border and if it does her story should certainly be the same. Therefore if it were me, I'd go through with her -- making sure to bring the documentation described above. I'd also bring evidence of your permanent residence outside the US and proof of your intended departure.