FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Eva Air Ticket, upgrade with Mileage plus
Old May 28, 2017, 1:50 pm
IntlSalesGuy

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dkerr
Were you able to confirm the three that were available? If you have not done that you probably should then you are only waiting for one more -- you don't want someone else to come in and take some of those that are currently available before you.
BR confirmed there were 3 available, but I was hesitant to take them, since I would have to split my PNR and I am traveling with my family with other airline segments (Alaska Airlines) on the trip. They would lose my FF benefits (preferred seats, baggage, etc.).

My main concern is that I had issues with United's SAUA request website, as when I tried it the first time, it showed 4 were available for 120K miles and I hit "Confirm", but it came back with an "Error !" message. I am afraid if I split the PNR for the 3, I might end up with the "Error !" message again and then I'm stuck with no upgrades and a split PNR. It has been a messy situation...