FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse
Old May 26, 2017, 10:09 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jsheer
No, i pulled the post when they advised me of the infraction. I never sold it.
Although ignorance is no excuse for breaking the rules, I do feel for you. The punishment doesnt seem proportional. Even if you successfully sold all of your certs (which you would use at least some anyways), how much of a loss is that compared to the amount of money they with your loyalty as a 1K/GS for the rest of your lifetime. I can understand a punishment being harsh as a deterant, but its not like this is on the news. They didn't even inform you. I've met many GS/1K who are unaware that they are not allowed to sell certs, miles, gpu's etc and that they forfeit all of their miles and status. If UA really wants this to stop, they should make these rules more clear such as bolding it on the ecert. If people can't even figure out how to bring a proper sized bag with signs and popup screens all over the place, or understand INVOL rules, how are they expected to understand these rules. If only this were a viral video, maybe UA would change their mind.

Last edited by eng3; May 26, 2017 at 10:16 pm