FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX, KA availability, etc. (master thd)
Old May 23, 2017, 8:18 pm
dkerr

Originally Posted by yoyo
Can you elaborate a bit without giving out your trade secrets?
I'm guessing here... but the limitation at the QF web site is that the dates are grayed out... that is un-selectable by the user. It is the QF web site user interface that is imposing the restriction. However as KVS is interacting directly with the QF web site they are not bound by what is selectable... they can force down any date they like. So I am guessing that they just post down "tomorrows" date and the QF back end reservation system has no advance-of-flight-time restrictions and so happily responds.

If you know what you are doing (ie, are a trained web developer) then you can use a tool like Tamper Data (a Firefox add-on) to see the data flow and modify what is sent back up to the web site to "replace" a date 7-days-from-now with e.g. tomorrow's date. Warning and I repeat... you need to know what you are doing, and this is speculation on my part.... I have not gone to look to verify this.

DAK

Last edited by dkerr; May 24, 2017 at 9:11 am