FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA via AMEX for less than aa.com?
Old May 23, 2017, 5:37 pm
GetSetJetSet
Suspended

Programs: Many
Had a great customer service experience with this. Recently called in asking about the best direct or indirect routing price for AA flights PAR-NYC-PAR, as I had recently gotten JFK-FCO-JFK AA J tickets for several hundred below the published rate. Agent told me I could fly AA CDG-JFK-BOS-CDG for something like $1,800 in J. I was shocked by the price and told the agent of course proceed with the booking.

We got to seat selection and the call of course dropped. I called AMEX back, got a new agent who told me the price for the same flights (with flight #'s of course) on the same dates would be ~$2,600. I explained that I had JUST, not 2 minutes earlier been quoted a much lower price for those same flights.

The agent escalated to a supervisor who pulled the tape of my earlier convo, confirmed that I had been quoted the lower price and had instructed the agent to execute the buy. As a result, AMEX decided that they would charge me the ~$2,600 for the flight, then issue me a statement credit for the difference between that price and the one I was initially quoted. As a kicker, since the price difference was negligible, they put me on direct flights both ways, to avoid the connection in Boston. I was VERY impressed, as this was far above and beyond what I expected. Well done AMEX ^