FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old May 22, 2017, 7:41 pm
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC Amstel Amsterdam

IC Amstel Amsterdam

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, amazing as always.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked lowest category room on award night and was upgraded to an Executive Suite City View.

How are the rooms?
I really love the Executive Suites here. They are extremely spacious and the decor is beautiful. I love the high ceilings as well. I obviously prefer the river view suites over the city view suites, but I wasn't going to complain with the upgrade on an award night.

How is the exec. lounge?
They don't have one, but after speaking with some staff at check-in they are considering creating one in some under-utilized space in the hotel.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
I was offered a glass of champagne upon check-in. There was also a gift of stroopwafles in the room. And I was offered extra points or a free drink at the hotel bar. I opted for a drink and ordered a glass of sparkling wine, which turned out to be Moet and Chandon. ^

How was the minibar?
The only disappointment here is the minibar. There's a few beers and a half of wine, but that's it. All of the liquor are in big bottles and those are excluded from the RA benefit. I wish they wold stock the minibar with some minis or a half bottle of champagne.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The treatment on award stays is exceptional. All benefits are honored. I also appreciate the personalized hand written card in the room. It's a small gesture but goes a long way for me. And the fact that they decreased the parking charge from 65 euro to 40 euro was a welcome surprise.

-Bad
Nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent. Surprised this property is still at 50,000 points.

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely, can't wait.