FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting (UA/partner) FF account but getting benefits from another acct? [Merged]
Old May 22, 2017, 3:31 pm
cepheid

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by sfo789
You shouldn't need a TA to change over FF details; just get them to set it one way, then call UA/LH with the PNR and get it sorted later on. Worst case, check-in, lounge, and gate agents can all change them.
Do you mean, after the flight? But wouldn't that mean having to pull the miles from SAS to re-credit to UA? That sounds like it might cause problems, especially for someone with no status trying to get UA to do that... no?

Or did you mean, change it at the airport before the flight?

Lounges: Definitely. Even with the UA MP account attached to the ticket, show up at the lounge with the physical non-UA *G card and they'll let you in.
I assume a "physical" smartphone app card would be good enough?

Seats: Which non-UA *G is this? MP doesn't get you better seats on LH metal.
It would be SAS, I believe. But prior experience with MP *G status on LH (about 3 years ago) suggests that it can get better Y seats, e.g., bulkheads and such (i.e., the "more legroom" paid seats, not necessarily premium Y). The phone agents then seemed to think that the UA *G status was important, but that was back then, not sure about now.

Since it's non-LH, any further thoughts on it?

Upgrades: LH doesn't do CPU on US->intl and op-up is so unlikely that you shouldn't optimise for it.
Good to know. Not sure how full these flights are, but there are quite a few open seats on the seatmap previews. Premium Y would be lovely but I guess not a realistic option.