FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change or standby earlier connecting flight ATL
Old May 22, 2017, 12:15 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Sorry to bug you guys but before I sit on hold for an hour w/ DL, I have another idea. My rez (<24 hours) was changed from time of booking. While it is not within the terms for a free change, DL did change my outbound for free although that issue was also not within terms (change <hour difference). I'm arriving now about 40 minutes later than my original flight and my connection went from 2 hours to 3 hours. Might I have any success just asking them to change the flight to the earlier second segment? So not technically SDC/SDS but effectively the same? Wasn't sure if b/c <24 hrs it was too late.

"There has been a change affecting your trip. If you are not satisfied with this updated itinerary, you may be eligible to change your flight(s) at no extra cost. ( Conditions Apply)
If you are satisfied with your selection, you can check in for your confirmed flight(s) now."
Did you make the first change before or after the schedule change to the return? If you made it after then technically youve used your one free change. However regardless you may be able to get an agent to change it. Just mention you noticed there was changes to your return. You qualify since the time changes on the reservation are added together. Thus 40 min plus 1 hour is over 90 minutes in changes. Give a call.