FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017.05.19 ac700
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2017, 6:01 pm
yyz_atc_qq

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Are you suggesting that @yyz_atc_qq is wrong? He works at the airport.
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Technically YYZ does not close, but practically it does. Maybe ask him the question? Also, can you find a departure between 12:45 am and 6 AM?
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Apparently, there must be some mass hallucinations occurring. Yesterday, the 28 passenger flights that arrived, and the 12 passenger flights that departed between 00:05 and 05:55 hours were imaginary.

Although 01:00 to 05:00 hours typically see more cargo flight activity from UPS, FedEx and DHL, there were non cargo flights between 02:00 and 04:00 hours as well. Multiple SunWing and Air Transat flights touched down between 01:00 to and 03:00. (By the time the pax were unloaded and baggage cleared, it was another hour, moving it to 04:00). During that time, the airlines were busy prepping their flights that were to leave at 06:00. They usually start prepping those first flights 2 hours prior, which means around 04:00.

I expect that we will see continued denials of all this activity and an insistence that everyone else is wrong. Use of the term "practical" is inappropriate and misleading as operations continue and there is activity on the tarmac.
Trust me.... I know it doesn't close as there are quite a few of us that work overnight! I have been working nights the past week and thankfully have only 1 more (tonight) to go.