Wiki Posts
Search

2017.05.19 ac700

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A, SPG
2017.05.19 ac700

My flight (6 passengers) this morning was cancelled. Have received three different reasons for it, including:

1) Weather stranded inbound plane
2) Thunderstorms in LGA/EWR
3) Mechanical

Was automatically rebooked to a flight tomorrow; opted instead to fly another carrier and just touched down.

It's a beautiful morning in NYC today - anyone able to say what the real problem was?
Old May 19, 2017, 6:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
No help from EF, which just has the generic "BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED THIS FLIGHT".
Old May 19, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
719 LGA-YYZ cancelled last night due to weather at YYZ so 700 was likely cancelled to balance the fleet.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YYC009
719 LGA-YYZ cancelled last night due to weather at YYZ so 700 was likely cancelled to balance the fleet.
Sounds like that would fall under the control of the airline and as such AC would be responsible for the delay/cancellation then.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by YYC009
Or there was no available aircraft for flight 700 today, because the aircraft was still in LGA. This would have nothing today with "balancing the fleet"

Last edited by Wpgjetse; May 19, 2017 at 9:40 am
Old May 19, 2017, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasdou
Sounds like that would fall under the control of the airline and as such AC would be responsible for the delay/cancellation then.
Maybe not. It sounds more like weather to me if the inbound flght(aircraft) was cancelled due to weather.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Maybe not. It sounds more like weather to me if the inbound flght(aircraft) was cancelled due to weather.
Over what time span can the weather excuse be used? Sounds like they had all night to find a replacement aircraft.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:29 am
Suspended

Over what time span can the weather excuse be used? Sounds like they had all night to find a replacement aircraft.
All night? YYZ closes at night. Weather can effect flights sometimes up to 2 or 3 days.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
I strongly approve of the year month day format in OP's title. ^

Just needed to use dashes rather than periods to go full ISO8601 - the gold standard.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:36 am

All night? YYZ closes at night. Weather can effect flights sometimes up to 2 or 3 days.
We both know that YYZ has not been afflicted by continuous bad weather for the past 2-3 days. And yes, YYZ closes at night between 1am and 5am or something similar. So technically, you are right, but that still leaves PLENTY of time to reposition an aircraft.

Of course, the fact that load was so light with only 6 pax has nothing to do with the cancellation.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Bear in mind that a cancellation due to "low load" outbound from YYZ must also consider the return flight. 700 usually turns to 705 - a normally busy flight, with several outbound connections, including many who are heading to Asia.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A, SPG
I don't know what the load was, but I had six people in my party. I was unclear - apologies.

I was given three different reasons for the delay. Serious PITA.

Ended up driving down to BUF and flying with a different carrier. Not easy to find six free seats on a long weekend.

We both know that YYZ has not been afflicted by continuous bad weather for the past 2-3 days. And yes, YYZ closes at night between 1am and 5am or something similar. So technically, you are right, but that still leaves PLENTY of time to reposition an aircraft.

Of course, the fact that load was so light with only 6 pax has nothing to do with the cancellation.

Last edited by YYZEWS; May 19, 2017 at 9:22 am Reason: Clarity
Old May 19, 2017, 9:26 am

AC routinely obtains curfew exemptions when weather messes up their schedule.

Only offering rebooking the next day? Seriously AC? Can't send people over to EWR, buy them a ticket on another carrier, or find a bigger aircraft to operate a single roundtrip?
Old May 19, 2017, 9:39 am
Suspended

Old May 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Ah this great route.

Yes I have landed into YYZ after 1am before, on this route.

AC should just buy a bus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.