FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2017, 4:07 pm
qs933

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up a 1-day rental in the early morning on Friday. I had a premium reservation and was told that I was assigned a 2016 300C at the booth. Having driven the 300C twice recently, I asked if they had anything else. Unfortunately, it was slim pickings -- an Impala LT and a 2016 Accord LX on the Exec aisle were the only two PCARs available.

While walking the aisles, a manager approached me and asked if I needed any assistance. I mentioned that I was just looking at my options for my PCAR reservation. He pointed me towards the upgrade section and offered a brand new A4 for a $25 charge. I was tempted, but it looked a little too small for me, my passengers, and luggage.

He was showing me the SUV options and he pointed out a BMW X3. Remembering the X3 promo for Exec members, I asked if I could take it under the promo. We went back to the booth and the agent started to do the paperwork for the X3. The agent then pointed out -- it wasn't an X3. It was an X5. We were both thrown off by the "3" on the door (it was actually the trim level, 35i). The manager said it was his mistake -- and he'd honor it, which was an awesome thing to do.

In addition, the fuel wasn't full (about 3/4) -- they told me not to worry about refueling. They'd take care of it. Definitely a great customer experience.

Other cars in the garage:

Exec:
- 3x 2017 Subaru Forresters (base models)
- 1x Chevrolet Camaro
- 1x Dodge Challenger
- 1x Honda Accord LX
- 1x Chevrolet Impala LT
- 2x Dodge Journey
- 1x Nissan Rogue
- 1x Jeep Cherokee

Emerald:
- 1x 2017 Honda HR-V
- 3x 2017 Subaru Impreza
- 2x Nissan Altima S
- 1x Toyota Corolla