FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LNF discussions
Thread: LNF discussions
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2017, 5:00 am
YoungBubbie

Originally Posted by canred
I have been trying to get an LNF approved for the past 36 hours. The initial rejection stated the rate I was using was non-refundable. I replied pointing out that it had free cancellation. I provided a screen shot and links to the rate. They replied back saying the rate was no long available. I checked on two computers and the rate was still available (in fact, it was lower). They replied back saying they could not find a lower rate and "we have no alternate choice but to deny summarily this claim under the terms and conditions of the Look No Further (SM) Guarantee." That is the strongest denial I have ever received.

The rate is still available but I have given up and cancelled. I have had success with the comparison web site in the past (as have others) so I am not sure what could be going on this time. I may try again in a few days. Any suggestions are most welcome.
When filing the claim explain exactly how you found the rate. Used iPad, safari, etc so they can duplicate.

If you still see and it's a valid claim, I would not have back down. Don't give up. Wear them down before they wear you down.

I know it's too late but in the comments I would have written that they did originally see the rate and it was available. The denial was because they wrongly thought non refundable and not that it was no longer available therefore a valid claim.

Good luck.